HIGHLIGHT! The Islabikes Family Ride
Wave off our biggest Family Ride to date!
SOLD OUT! A free, self-guided ride leaving from the Festival site and taking in the Peak District's very own Strade Bianchi. This is a very special ride for all little heroes and their parents!
this event is now sold out!
Come and join the ever popular Islabikes Family Ride on Saturday 17th June. Islabikes are proud to present this wonderful family occasion which is a really special adventure along the most beautiful parts of The High Peak Trail on Saturday 17th June. Be immersed in nature and the pure tranquility of this incredible traffic-free trail brimming with cow parsley, cornflowers and Summertime nature.
Starting directly from The Festival, you'll cycle onto the trail and follow the route of the former Cromford and High Peak Railway, one of the World's first long-distance railway lines, built between 1825 and 1830. Your destination is Hartington and your treat? Kids get a FREE Frederick's Ice Cream perfect to cool down on a Summer's day ready for your return ride back to The Festival!
Due to the huge popularity of this Ride make sure you book your places online to avoid disappointment!
Each ticket is FREE of charge however please note there is a £2 transaction fee per shopping cart so make sure you book all the tickets you require in one booking.
Giving children a better experience of cycling for more than a decade Islabikes is the true innovator in children’s bicycles.By employing a philosophy that combines holistic design, unique proportional components and a focus on lightweight, Islabikes creates the best bicycles available for children.The brainchild of former professional rider and cycle industry expert Isla Rowntree, Islabikes was created to provide an alternative to the heavy and unwieldy bicycle shaped objects young riders were often given.
Islabikes uses far-reaching child sizing data alongside more than a decade of hands-on experience. It also has an unmatched commitment to producing its own proportionately sized pedals, brake levers, cranks, saddles and more. Now, with the introduction of the Pro Series, a range of no compromise competition bikes and the circular economy inspired Imagine Project, Islabikes is continuing to innovate and shape the future of youth cycling. You can find out more about Islabikes HERE
GOOD TO KNOW
- The Islabikes Family Ride is a self-guided ride taking place on Saturday 17th June 2017 from 10.00 am to 13.30pm.
- As per 2016 The Ride is a self-guided ride for families to take at their leisure.
- A vintage bike is not required, but getting dressed in vintage costume would certainly add to the occasion.
- All Riders are required to wear a cycle helmet that meets current safety standards.
- All Riders will need to check in at our sign in desk within The Family Area at The Festival before they embark on their adventure.
- Please note that the High Peak Trail, Tissington Trail and all access points are still open to the general public during the Family Ride.
- Please ride responsibly and respect other users of the trail.
- Those taking part in the ride do so at their own risk, and on the understanding that the organisers and their partners accept no liability or responsibility for any loss or injury.
- By signing the entry form before you set off - at the Islabikes stand - you are acknowledging and agreeing to these terms, both for yourself and all members of your party.
- Each Rider will receive on site 1x ride number, a bib, and 1x route card. Each ticket entitles the booker to 2 places on the ride and both riders will be issued with the same Rider number eg Mum is 201 and her child is 201, Dad is 202 and the second child is 202.
MAKE SURE YOU'VE PURCHASED A FESTIVAL TICKET OR REGISTERED YOUR CHILD FOR FREE!
The Islabikes Family Ride is open to everybody who has purchased either a £20 Day Pass or a £30 Weekend Pass to Eroica Britannia. Kids 12 years and under enjoy FREE entry into the Festival but you must register your kids for this to apply!
From the Festival at Friden Grange to Hartington and back again. This is approximately 8 miles in total. The ride is along the Tissington trail, through the Newhaven tunnel and then south to Hartington.The route is totally flat. At Hartington there is a pit stop with bench seating and toilets.
Each ticket is for 1 adult and 1 child, and full names are required for booking and registration. When the tickets are available for download the booker needs to print off their ticket and bring it with them to the event or show their ticket on their mobile phone. Each Rider will need to sign on for the ride on site and present their ticket for inspection. The sign on will take place in The Family Area at The Festival.
SIGNING ON TIMES
Friday 16th June 2017 3pm - 8pm
Saturday 17th June 2017 - From 10am